Rules Q & A - Email exchange
Adam asked (and Bill followed-up with):
"I believe Adam/Bill are correct on both counts."
"While we're talking about the Constitution I have two questions that will help in draft day prep:Peter replied:
1) If I were to cut a player that you are responsible for the contract and he goes for less than the keeper contract, I'm responsible for the difference between his new and old salaries right? Example: If I cut Carpenter ($42) and he goes for $35, then I would dump $7 from my salary. But if Carpenter goes for $42 or more, I am off the hook?
2) Multiyear keepers: Each GM can carry only 5 contracts beyond the upcoming season... I just want to make sure that all of the multiyear contracts that I have expiring at the end of the 2007 season don't count against those 5 contracts. Example: Utley, Carpenter, Gonzalez, Holliday are all 2 years keepers that expire at the end of 2007, so I could, in theory, sign 5 totally different players to 2 or 3 year contracts.
Adam"
"I believe Adam/Bill are correct on both counts."
Labels: rules

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home